Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Take your natural "whatever" and shove it.

I am an average human being. That being said, I eat meat. Not because of some political position or theory on the circle of life. I don't do it too piss of some societal norm or because I think that it is philosophically correct. No. I eat meat because it tastes good and its what I want.

Ask a vegetarian why they eat the way they do and you get their thesis paper from "who gives a fuck" university as to why they do it. Not one of them will tell you that it's because they just prefer vegetables or just have no desire to eat meat. No. You get the philosophical diatribe of a person who must justify to a world who, surprise surprise, doesn't fucking care.

The problem is that this country has such a fucked up relationship to food. I am sick to death of the idea that food is anything more than fuel for the body and something that tastes good. I don't give a shit what you eat. Just stop giving a shit about what I eat. OK? I am sick of your opinions.

The same goes for organic and all natural foods. Fuck you. I've heard all the benefits organic foods and the truth is that there is absolutely no proof that it is any better for you than anything else. In fact most studies will tell you that organics benefits are all perceived, as opposed to real.

Do you organic fuckers know what goes into being labeled an organic product? As a coffee master for Starbucks I researched organic coffees. The farmers must sacrifice 3 years of crops while they prove that no prohibitive materials were planted on the land in question. Three years of crops gone. Hope your fucking family doesn't need to eat for three years. But don't grow it this way, and hippie fuckwads with chips the size of vw bugs on their shoulders won't buy your stuff.

Maybe you people don't fucking realize this but people are out there just trying to make a living. You don't like how animals are treated in commercial farms? Buy from local butchers. You don't like the pesticides in commercial farming? Buy at farmers markets and only buy what is in season. But don't sit there in your fucking tower and pass your judgements on those of us less concerned with where shit comes from. I know what I like and I will not be guilted by you into changing my mind.

Keep your food religion to yourself. We will keep eating whatever we want. In the end we will both die. And whatever you think about how superior you were when we were both alive, won't mean shit. you are still fucking dead.

With deep and abiding affection,
Gabriel

1 comment:

  1. *raises hand* I don't like the taste of meat. I prefer grains and starches though. Fruits and veggies kinda freak me out.
    Did you ever wonder why it's so difficult for farmers to grow organic produce? Read about Monsanto... it's actually pretty freaking creepy what's going on with our food.
    But in the end we all die anyway, so I suppose it only really matters if you're the type to get your panties in a bunch about things.

    ReplyDelete